Saturday, May 5, 2012

A NEW KIND OF STAFF?

Saturday, May 5
1 John 3:23-24
"Again, this is God's command: to believe in his personally named Son, Jesus Christ.  He told us to love each other, in line with the original command.  As we keep his commands, we live deeply and surely in him, and he lives in us.  And this is how we experience his deep and abiding presence in us:  by the Spirit he gave us." (The Message)
     As I read through this passage, my first thoughts were, "OK, we're talking the love commandment here, and then, hmmm, how will I connect this is the Shepherding theme for the week?"  But then the thought occurred to me....the Spirit!  The Staff!  Isn't the Holy Spirit just a new kind of staff?  The shepherd's crook, that tool of intimate shepherding has become the superpower cape of the Holy Spirit.  With the power of Christ abiding within us, we can have the power to love all, in spite of personal hesitation to love those that are different or we don't like.  Our Shepherding cape/staff gives us the love to act in ways we can't alone.  The Holy Spirit is our Shepherd's crook!  We are all Shepherd's of Christ's love.  We will make mistakes, but we know the tools and support of Christ is ever present for us to act as we are called to do.
     Let's put on our capes and do a little shepherding.  It will be exciting to see what God has in store for the flock!

Thanks to my Missional friends for giving me voice and a platform to share my daily thoughts!!!  Scribbles may not come on a daily basis next week...This week.I was intrigued with drawing lots of sheep, plus I wasn't feeling well enough to do much else!  I AM FEELING BETTER TODAY...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment