Thursday, May 3, 2012

From Jim....

I'm at work, I have no problem standing, stretching, taking a short break to renew my mental focus. Why is it I don't think to do this throughout the day to renew my spiritual focus? 
"Lay down our lives" I naturally think of dying but I can lay down my life without dying physically. I can die to my wants and desires, I can set aside my life for the life God desires to give me. If I take up God's life, I must lay down my life, for the sake of the world. We are chosen, not for the sake of salvation but for the sake of the world. The world is our flock and like all the saints who came before us, are here now and who will come, we learn how to shepherd during "ON THE JOB TRAINING", with the guidance of our Lord and Savior through His Holy Spirit. As you have pointed out, Ginger, "God, you have given me a perfect example to follow. While I cannot live up to that example, help me to desire to try. Help me see myself as a shepherd of your love for the world. Amen." 
I believe, technically our Missional Community devotion, is more than just a day, it is a God given way of LIFE. I believe, technically, you are living what we have committed to as a community and "come much closer to acting as Christ in our broken world."  
With Love,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment