Thursday, August 28, 2014

PRAYERS in Another New Way

SUNDAY, August 24 – A New Look at Prayer
John 14:23 MSG
“Because a loveless world,” said Jesus, “is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him—we’ll move right into the neighborhood!
     Yesterday Rick and I once again visited the Sandpoint, Idaho, Farmer’s Market.  What a rich display of the earth’s bounty!  Yet, also rich in the bounty of local talents being shared.  I particularly was drawn to a booth ‘manned’ by an American of Japanese descent. Her pictures were mandala type artwork, intricate and delicately colored.  Upon close examination they revealed a central theme portrayed through the repetition of English words and Japanese characters.  Wow.  The back of the card I purchased included this phrase, “All designs drawn during meditative prayer.”  I loved it.

     So…today I had to try it myself!  I chose as my ‘theme’  INFINITE LOVE because hearts are an easy start without a pattern to follow.  Over and over my prayer wound around the center.  A wonderful experience.  (The artist in me would have done the colors a little differently, but I wasn’t going to go back and digitally click to change them all now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment