Saturday, February 22, 2014

TRINITY PRAYER

"Arise each day and pray "The Trinity Prayer'.  
It will put a new perspective on your day!!"
Patsy Lewis, author
(Simply Rejoicing: 12 Months with God)
I am rising today in the name of the Father
who created me,
sent his Son to redeem me, 
watches over me,
and hears my prayers.  
Heavenly Father, may I behold the wonders of your creation throughout this day and see through your eyes and heart the world around me and everyone you choose to cross my path. 
I am rising today in the name of the Son,
who gave his life for me, 
has forgiven my sins,
understands my suffering, 
and loves me. 
Precious Jesus, may I exalt you in all that I do and say, and may my lips praise you with a heart of thanksgiving for your blessing and saving grace. 
I am rising today in the name of the Holy Spirit,
who breathed life into me
and lives in my heart. 
Breath of heaven, breathe afresh on me today, and may I be aware of your presence every waking moment and even as I life down to rest at the end of the day. 

Holy God, Three in One, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I commit this day to you.  

With this Trinity Prayer as my inspiration, enroute to Hawaii a couple weeks ago, I wrote my own morning prayer with its accompanying drawing:


Good Morning, God! 
I awake this day to celebrate your presence as Creator God, maker of all the beauty, the wonder, the intricate balance of our world, your everlasting love as our Father-Mother, Nurturing Lord.
I awake this day to celebrate the Son, your presence in a form we can recognize, touch, and engage.  The one who suffered as we suffer and died to end all suffering. 
I awake this day to celebrate the Spirit, the constant, living, indwelling of you within and through us. 
I awake to celebrate the Trinity and to seek God in all I encounter this day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment