Monday, October 30, 2023

SOULFUL SIMPLICITY

 SOULFUL SIMPLICITY

by Courtney Carver

     Thursdays Rick and I volunteer at the Senior Center to drive for Meals on Wheels.  I always pause at the 'free table' when we leave for the day.  I found the Holy Moments book there that I used previously for devotions.  A week ago I found this book by Courtney Carver on the table.  It looked interesting, so I picked it up.  The length was right to last me until Advent!  (Isn't that the best reason to choose a book?) 

     My daily prayer pictures are based on the cherry blossom illustrations Carver uses throughout the book.  Why cherry blossoms?  I had to look that up,  but I love the 'springtime' feel in the midst of autumn!   (And who doesn't like cherries??)  So, according to the internet, cherry blossoms "symbolize both life and death, beauty and violence. As the coming of spring promises new life, so the blooming of cherry blossoms brings a sense of vitality and vibrancy. At the same time, their short lifespan is a reminder that life is fleeting."  So this process of simplifying our lives can bring a sense of new life!

     Each day features a quote from the chapter and a simple summary haiku or twitter poem of my creation.  Daily prayers surround the picture.  











































And what has been the result of this SIMPLE book?  I have started to go through a few things and eliminate, donate, let go of THINGS.  Slowly, but surely!  

No comments:

Post a Comment