Sunday, January 10, 2016

AUTUMN TIE DYE

Two years later....I discovered an unpublished draft on my Blogger posts and went back to see what it was.  I found a poem I wrote while exploring the east coast during the glory of fall color.  In the midst of the cold, white world of winter, perhaps it is a good time to finally publish 'Autumn Tie-Dye'.  




Maple reds,
Birch orange and golds,
Oaks and acorns litter the path.
High overhead leaves gently spin on spider tails,
Others relinquish a hold and slowly,
    Weaving in and out,
         Dancing on the wind,
           Fall to the ground
                 And scatter everywhere.
The leaves are dying.
A season of life is ending,
Death is all around.

Yet, the sunshine appears,
The Light of God’s glory,
And the leaves are transfixed –
Ablaze with a glow of beauty,
Of life, of energy and spirit.
As I near the end of this earthly season,
Will the light of God so transform me?
Will I wear a robe of new beauty?
Will God tie-dye my soul with red and orange, green and gold?
What a glorious moment of anticipation!






No comments:

Post a Comment