Sunday, June 29, 2014

SIMPLY REJOICING 8: Seek and Reclaim Relationships


1- ASK FOR FORGIVENESS
"A request may bring healing and restoration." 

SATURDAY, June 28   
Colossians 3:13 MSG
Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. 
     As I wrote out this short quote, I read 'around it' and found it was part of the Colossians passage about clothing ourselves in Christ - in love, compassion, grace, and humility - as well as complete forgiveness for all.  
     How often are we quicker to forgive those we don't even know - acquaintances - rather than family members and loved ones.  Do we expect more from family?  Why is it so hard to relinquish hurt feelings and let grace abound?  Forgiveness is something we do for OUR benefit far more than for the receiver.  It puts US right regardless of the receiver's acceptance.  
     Is there someone I need to forgive?  A past occurrence that I need to release to God?  

2- OVERFLOW WITH GRACE
"A request may initiate renewed communication."

SUNDAY, June 29   JUDGE NOT!
Romans 12:18-19 MSG
 If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”
     "I'll do the judging," says God.  And what words did I make from my beach letters yesterday?  Judge Not!  When we have the urge to retaliate, we must let God take care of the problem.  Our job is to live in love, demonstrate love, and practice forgiveness.  Is it always easy?  Never!  Are such actions worth it?  Always!  

    
I can tell I am getting ready to move on to another book.  While I read through each chapter of Simply Rejoicing, I am finding just one scripture or message I want to share.  That's ok!  I'll finish it!  




This post is based on the book, SIMPLY REJOICING, by Patsy Lewis, published by Beacon Hill Press of Kansas City, 2013. 






No comments:

Post a Comment